May 30, 2010

score

Yesterday Liza and I hit up some garage sales and came home with some pretty nice finds. I have for forever now been searching for a lamp shade and I finally found one! It was a great completion to my weekend project.

I started with this.

Photobucket


Here is who typically accompanies me on projects but never seems to stay too long. Ha.

Photobucket


Some supplies.

Photobucket


I got this idea to reupholster the lamp. With some old pages from a book. And so with a little wall paper glue and a paint brush I kinda did.

Photobucket



Photobucket




Here is the final product with the lamp shade I just scored on top! I am pretty pleased at how it turned out, especially because I have secretly started hating that lamp and have been contemplating getting rid of it as all hope for ever finding a lamp shade died.

Photobucket

I have a feeling there will be more of such reupholstering to come. Try it. Super easy.

cheers.

5 comments:

  1. oh fun! it looks fantastic!!

    so glad to have been there to see you bargain that one. we must do more g-sale days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a bloggy! And this tutorial is fantastic I definitely am going to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] out this nifty DIY. I plan on attempting it real [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! nice idea, looks very cool.
    :)

    ReplyDelete