August 20, 2010

fantastic

I use to somewhat pride myself on being a good multitasker. Lately though, I am realizing more and more that in my attempts to multitask I instead get distracted and end up doing something completely different not really accomplishing what I meant to in the beginning. You know, like I start at the laundry machine because I want to load the dryer before I start washing the dishes and then while I am hanging some items to air dry in our sunroom, I decide I really need to organize things in there and rearrange the furniture too. Anywho. During that very furniture rearranging yesterday Eva and I stumbled upon little crafts from her birthday party. So as I tried to finish up she waited impatiently to paint.

Her birthday party theme this year was a spin off of "Fantastic Mr. Fox." We made fox masks with shiny pipe cleaners for whiskers and painted little foxes that I cut out of egg cartons.

So forget the dishes altogether, yesterday we painted instead.
Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


I have a feeling now that Eva will be starting school and making friends with kids that aren't so pop culture sheltered I won't get away so easily with just sticking to woodland creatures birthday themes. Hopefully though I've laid down a strong enough foundation to avoid anything Barbie or Hannah Montana related. We'll see....

Here is a little peak at our celebration this year. It was lovely.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Olga! This is the most precious birthday party I have ever seen! Almost makes me want to have a baby. Almost ;)

    ReplyDelete